Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Me too! Me too!

Just to get it out of the way first: Sure, I’m joining the blogging game a bit late.  Late by maybe 10 years or so.  And yes, I was indeed inspired to take the plunge in part by Beth’s new project.  But regardless, I believe that occasionally I have thoughts for which Facebook’s status update function isn’t exactly the right medium.

So here it is:  Random Sequential.  I was pretty psyched when I discovered that name wasn’t taken, and I actually registered it a few weeks ago.  I don’t have a precise explanation of what it means yet, but what I can say is that I have been described as a linear-sequential thinker many times, and while that may be true of how I think, I expect the topic matter here to be fairly… well, for lack of a better term, random.

It's difficult to anticipate what the purpose of this blag will be before anything is written, but if I had to guess, I suppose the overarching theme here will likely revolve around my return to school.  More specifically, the trials and observations of a student with a bachelors of arts in environmental philosophy (read: no educational background in math or science) returning to school for an education in one of the most mentally demanding technical fields offered today:  Electrical Engineering.

So I’ve covered the origin story, the explanation of name, and the declaration of purpose.

In closing, here is a wonderfully appropriate video:


EDIT:  Something odd going on with that video-- it still plays here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYM6UEk_ywk

No comments: